Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 as the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God
2. We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary, the Virgin, and is the Son of God.
3. We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures: the Just for the Unjust that He might bring us to God.
4. We believe that He arose from the grave the third day according to the Scriptures.
5. We believe that He, only, is the great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us.
6. We believe that Christ will come again in Person, bodily, visibly, to establish His Kingdom on the earth.
7. We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again - "Ye must be born again." (John 3:3)
8. We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water), setting forth the Lord's death, burial and resurrection.
9. We believe that Christ keeps those who are truly born again (II Timothy 1:12; John 10:28).
10. We believe that all Christians are called unto a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices, and to a life of usefulness for Christ (II Cor. 6:17; II Peter 1:2-9).
11. We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers whose only mission is not to "reform the world," but to preach and teach the Gospel of Salvation to the individual soul.
12. We believe that at Christ's coming in the air, the bodies of the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible and re-united with the soul and spirit; the bodies of Christians who are alive shall be changed and glorified and without dying shall be caught up to be with the Lord (I Thess. 4:13-17; I Cor. 15:51-53). The saved will then appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to be rewarded for their deeds (II Cor. 5:10; I Cor. 3:11-15). After these things Christ will return bodily and visibly to the earth with His saints, and shall rule the world in righteousness for a thousand years at the end of which the unsaved dead will be resurrected, and their judgment and condemnation shall take place (Matt. 24:30,31; Rev. 19:11-16; Rev. 20:5,6,11,15).
Summary: A Bible Baptist is one who believes in a supernatural Bible, which tells of a supernatural Christ, Who had a supernatural birth, Who spoke supernatural words, Who performed supernatural miracles, Who lived a supernatural power, Who ascended in supernatural splendor, Who intercedes as a supernatural priest, and Who will one day return in a supernatural glory to establish a supernatural kingdom on the earth.
Adopted: Dec. 19, 1961